Tuesday, June 16, 2015

On Golden Pond

There's no many films like that. "On Golden Pond" is special, because of few different reasons and first of all is that I can't remember any other movie which could describe senility and family relationships in so honest way.

"On Golden Pond" is an American drama directed by Mark Rydell in 1981. The plot tells the story of Norman Thayer, a retired proffesor and his wife- Ethel. They continue the long tradition of spending each summer on the lake, in a place called Golden Pond. The main part of the film is about their relationship and senility showed in a very specific way.

But not only their relationship is the most important. Durring staying on Golden Pond they are visited by Chelsea- their daughter and only child, who trys to put her personal life. The situation between she and her father is complicated and not easy. I read although, what is quite surprising, that Henry Fonda and Jane Fonda, who played roles of Norman and Chelsea had very similar realtionship, so probably durring actining they based on their real story.

Regardless of the plot, I like this film because of beautiful views and some warmth, that is difficult to express in words. I'm sure that I will back to this movie from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment