Have you ever heard about the theory of temperaments? I used to treat something like that as a fables, but now I think that there is something in it and it's good to know own personality type.
The theory of temperaments was invented by ancient Greeks. It assumed that in general there are four fundamental personal types: optimistic and bossy SANGUINE, bad-tempered or irritable CHOLERIC, sensitive, quiet and analitical MELANCHOLIC and slow and peaceful PHLEGMATIC.
What is interesting, acient people believed that people's mood is connected with body fluids, called humors, like: blood, bile (black and yellow) and phlegma. For example Hippocrates thought, that people live in a harmony when all humors in their bodys are balanced.
I read about those theorys from time to time, made for fun some psychological tests and I can say that I'm a hundered per cent melancholic. I know about strong and weak sides of people, which have that personality type. When I'm frustrated about that I often recall in minds famous people for exaple some artists, or just characters, that I admire, which are or was also a melancholic.
Do you know what your personality type is? Are you happy about it or not really?

No comments:
Post a Comment