Sunday, June 14, 2015

Women in adverts


Everybody knows that many adverts base on stereotypes. The authors of adverts still use them, because it's psychologically proved that we remember things better if we already have known them or if they are connected with our subconsciousness. But if we looked critically at them only for a while, we would see how unbelivable is that advertising industry hadn't left that strategy. And, what is quite sad, that we must be stll easily influenced.

Few days ago I saw an advert, which really irritates me. The poster of "Plus" showed young woman dressed in a red dress with some bow in  hairs. Her body language says: "I'm a cute, stupid, little girl with a lot minutes on my phone and I have no idea what am I doing with my hands" And... that was strange. To compare I put here although an advert of "Plus" with man...:




The clue of that comparison is obvious: women are still discriminated in the world of adverts. Or maby there is some concept in that view and it'll be explained in television spots? I hope so, but I'm not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment