Sunday, February 8, 2015

Few words after watching “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind”

It isn’t any new movie and I don’t know why I found it after ten years since its premiere. Probably because in 2004, when this film was played in cinemas I was too young to understand this rather complicated plot and topic. “Enternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind” depicts relation between introvert Joel (Jim Carrey) and eccentric Clementine (Kate Winslet). They meet each other one day by chance and fall in love. But it isn’t easy for them to tolerate themselves for a long time and in the end Clementine decides that she wants to clean her mind from memories connected with Joel. It’s possible because there is a firm which do that. It’s a science-fiction aspect of a story.
I really enjoyed this film. It reminds me later (but for my watching earlier) movie titled “Mr. Nobody”, which says something about memories, too.
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind” is sometimes classified as romantic comedy sometimes as science-fiction drama. I prefer this second class. In my opinion this movie says something important about relationships. It’s a good choice as a film, that we can watch with whole family. For me it’s the first not-only comedy role of Jim Carrey, too.
To sum up: we can have fun watching this film and fell realistic emotions. After all, we can believe for a while that it’s possible to remove unwonted memories from our head. It’s such a great and pleasant idea, isn’t it?

No comments:

Post a Comment